Spinach, egg and cheese sandwich
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 whole wheat bagel thin
- Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, mix the egg in a small bowl with a fork.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set them aside. Add the egg to the hot skillet and cook it until it’s no longer runny, about 4 minutes, flipping or stirring halfway through. Place the cheese on top of the egg and heat until melted, about 1 minute.
- Toast the bagel thin in a toaster.
- Add the egg and cheese to the bottom half of the bagel thin. Top that with the sautéed vegetables and the top half of the bagel thin.
- Advertisement -