These dreidels don’t spin, but they do go great with a glass of milk.
- 1/2 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and ground almonds.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the almond extract and mix well. Chill for three or more hours.
- Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick onto a lightly floured board. Using a butter knife, cut into dreidel shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.