Love strawberry shortcake? You’ll love this lighter take. It’s a snap to make and uses ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) sliced stemmed California strawberries
- In food processor, process cheese, honey and zest until well mixed, or mix in bowl with wooden spoon.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on cut side of one muffin half
- Top with 1/4 cup strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make eight open-faced sandwiches.