For a few weeks each March, McDonald’s offers its popular Shamrock Shake. But they’re only around for a limited time. Try making your own green shakes at home any time of year.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream (can substitute frozen yogurt)
- 1 cup whole milk (can substitute a low-fat milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops green food coloring (consider natural food coloring asan alternative)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving glasses
Give everything a whirl in the blender and add drops of green food coloring until you reach the desired green hue. Pour into glasses and serve with a straw.