- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes seasoned with oregano andbasil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Several drops jalapeno Tabasco
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Break up beef into pot. Cook, stirring often, until meat is no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic to the browned meat. Stirring occasionally, cook until onions are translucent, about 5minutes.
- Add chilies, kidney, white and black beans and their juices, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper, sugar and Tabasco to the pot. Stir until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 30 minutes. Serve while hot.
- Advertisement -