Opt for the sweet (and healthy) taste of agave nectar over corn syrup to make these pumpkin-flavored treats.
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup light agave nectar (I like Mudhava)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or All Spice
Yields: 10 3-inch Popcorn Balls
- Add agave nectar, sugar and coconut oil to a saucepan. Stir until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, tossing to coat thoroughly. Wait about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of spice and mix one more time. With clean, dry hands, dig in and make the popcorn balls. Make sure to squeeze the popcorn together tightly to make each ball.
- Set out on a decorative plate or wrap in plastic wrap, tied off with orange raffia ribbon.