Fresh pomegranate juice turns into a simple spritzer. You can mix the juices up to a day ahead (store sealed in the refrigerator) but dont add the sparkling water until just before serving.
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice purchased or freshly squeezed
- 1 medium pomegranate (about 9 ounces) yields 1/2 cup juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- In a large glass (pitcher for six servings), mix pomegranate juice and remaining ingredients; add ice cubes (make ice cubes with some whole pomegranate seeds in them for a festive touch).
- 3 tablespoons vodka (optional, for adults only)
- Adapted from pomegranates.org
Nutrition facts: 70 calories, 18 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fat, cholesterol and fiber, 1 gram protein, 10 milligrams sodium,40% DV vitamin C.