Kids will enjoy making and eating these healthy cookies.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees. The honey will not burn at this temperature.
- Have your child crack an egg into a large bowl and mix with water. Add honey, applesauce and vanilla and mix well.
- Have your child mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in the fruit and nuts. Mix until everything is combined. Chill the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Have your child drop dough onto your cookie sheets by thetablespoon or with a small ice cream scoop. Bake for 20 minutes oruntil golden brown. Store in an airtight container. They freeze well in an airtight container for up to three months.