Kids love mozzarella sticks, but why wait for a dinner out? Make these tasty poppers in your own kitchen with this easy recipe.
- 1 pound low-fat mozzarella
- 2 egg whites, slightly whipped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Marinara sauce
- Cut cheese into 2 ounces sticks. Freeze.
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Take cheese sticks from freezer.
- While still frozen, roll sticks in flour, then the egg whites and then bread crumbs.
- Put on baking pan and put back in the freezer for 20minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Take pan from freezer and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until golden. The cheese should not be melting through the breading. Remove from oven and dip in marinara sauce.
Yield: 8 sticks