When it comes to Mother’s Day presents, skip the fresh flowers this year. The homemade, one-of-a-kind gifts made with love by her little ones are the things Mom will adore for years to come.
So capture those small hands with paint prints that turn into flowers or suns in this heartfelt craft, and Mom will feel the love every time she uses her new bag.
- Canvas tote bag
- Acrylic paint
- Lay your canvas tote bag flat. If wrinkled or creased, iron to make the surface as flat as possible.
- Use a paintbrush to paint the surface of the hand with a thin layer of acrylic paint in the color of your choice. Then firmly stamp the painted hand on the canvas tote.
- To create flowers, you can stamp multiple handprints in a circle to make the petals of a flower, then hand paint a stem and center of the flower. Or you can create roses with just a single handprint and stem. To create a sun, stamp and overlap handprints in a circle.
- Wash hands immediately with soap and water. Feel free to add any personalization with “Happy Mother’s Day” messages or the year.
- Let dry completely. If you want, paint the opposite side of the tote with handprint pictures as well.
- Once dry, wrap up your gift for Mother’s Day and deliver to Mom!
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.