- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 pkg. (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust), softened according to package directions
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce or butterscotch rum sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Zest lemon using fine grater to measure 1 tsp. Combine zest, sugar and spice blend in large bowl; mix well. Unroll one piecrust onto lightly floured pastry mat; roll to a 12-inch circle. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using 3-inch biscuit cutter. Transfer disks to cookie sheet; lightly prick with pastry tool and sprinkle evenly with about 2 teaspoons of the sugar mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes or until disks are golden brown.
- Cut apples into wedges. Add apples to remaining sugar mixture in mixing bowl; toss well to coat completely. Arrange apples in a single layer in small ridged baker; cover with parchment paper. Microwave on high 3-5 minutes or until apples are soft. Carefully drain apple liquid into measuring cup to measure 3 tablespoons Place whipped topping in small bowl; fold in apple liquid.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. To assemble, transfer one disk to a serving plate. Arrange three apple wedges on a disk in a single layer. Top apples with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping mixture. Place second disk over filling; top with two apple wedges and 1 tablespoon of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat with remaining disks, apple wedges and whipped topping mixture. Drizzle with sauce.