- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in pot; add fruit, brown sugar and ginger and heat over medium-high heat until sugar is melted.
- Pour the cake mix (right from the box!) over the fruit mixture in an even layer; do not stir.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover pot with lid and cook until fruit mixture reaches a simmer.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and continue cooking until cake mix resembles dumplings, about 30 minutes.
- Advertisement -