The big question after Halloween is what to do with all your leftover candy! My answer, bake Candy Cupcakes! I definitely do not want my family eating all the wonderfully delicious sweet cavity-inducing candy at one time!
Your children can help measure, pour and stir, and even utilize their math skills counting and sorting M&M’s. Halloween is not just about eating candy after all! Have fun trick-or-treating and then using the candy to bake these delicious cupcakes!
Chocolate Candy Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package Devil’s Food cake mix (you can easily swap vanilla cake mix and vanilla instant pudding mix if your family prefers vanilla)
- 1 4 oz serving size package instant chocolate pudding mix
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 cup 2 percent Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Candy—whatever you want! I used M&M’s because they are colorful and they are my kids’ favorite candy but I think any chocolate candy would taste decadent. Use your favorites – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Junior Mints, Snickers, Milky Way or Kit Kat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, applesauce, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add candy pieces
- Pour batter into cupcake baking cups just a little over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a fork test comes out clean.
What candy are you planning to use in your candy cupcakes?