- Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1/3 cup palm sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or dairy free butter)
- 4 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (dairy-free cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 2 large eggs (egg substitute*)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12x8x1 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment combine the Zemas mix and xanthan gum. Add the palm sugar, butter and grape seed oil to bowl; beat together until moist crumbs are formed. Pat the mixture into the jelly roll pan. Bake 6 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Clean out your mixing bowl then blend together the cream cheese, palm sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice. Pour the mixture onto the cooled base and bake 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
- For lime bars, simply use limes instead of lemons.
*Zemas favorite egg replacer is mixing 1/4 cup water with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approximately 5 minutes).