No need to look for a rainbow to find a pot of gold. This fun fondue might even get the kids to eat more veggies.
- Vegetables and fruits for dipping. Our favorites: Cauliflower,broccoli, peeled baby carrots, asparagus tips, apple wedges, pearwedges
- 1 pound Irish cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- Steam all vegetables until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.Arrange vegetables and fruit around edge of large platter.
- Toss cheese with flour in large bowl.
- Bring apple cider, juice concentrate and mustard to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add cheese mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and smooth, thinning with more cider, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to bowl. Place in center of platter with vegetables and fruit.