Have a kid that won’t stop eating dirt? Don’t fight it! Instead, give them some safe “dirt” to chow on!
- Ice cream in the flavor of your choice
- Oreo cookies
- Gummy worms
- Small terra cotta pots
- Store-bought pound cake
- Round cookie cutter
- Real or plastic flowers
- Food processor
- Choose small, round terra cotta pots and wash and dry them thoroughly.
- Using store-bought pound cake, cut circular pieces of cake to fill the bottom of each pot.
- Place a drinking straw into the middle of each piece of cake.Trim the straw so that the top extends just beyond the top of the pot.
- Fill each pot with your choice of ice cream. Bury a few wiggly gummy worms in the ice cream as a surprise.
- Place the pots back in the freezer until you are ready to serve them.
- When you are ready to serve your ice cream, put a package ofOreo cookies in the food processor and blend until the cookies are fine crumbs. Place a real or plastic flower into the straw in each pot. Sprinkle the Oreo “dirt” on top. Then “dig” in!