Families still looking for that perfect dessert for Easter dinner can thank Hilton Chicago for sharing its signature carrot cake pop recipe. A fun activity for new bakers plus delicious too boot, you can bring extra egg-citement to your holiday preparations.
Hilton Chicago’s Signature Carrot Cake Pop Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3.5 oz. coconut flakes
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple
- Spray and paper a 10-inch cake pan.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture and mix until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Next add the carrot, pecans, coconut, and pineapple mixing gently with a spatula.
- Pour into the previously prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350*F degrees.
- Let it cool down.
Assembling the Cake Pops
- Combine the soft butter in the mixing bowl until well combined and add the powder sugar and vanilla, and mix until you reach a creamy consistency.
- You will need to melt your favorite type of chocolate.
- Place the chilled carrot cake in a mixing bowl and break into little pieces. Add some of the cream cheese filling until you reach a scoop-able consistency. (Note: do not add too much filling because your dough can become too soupy to scoop.)
- Scoop the size that you desire to make your cake pop. Add stick and freeze for at least an hour.
- Melt some of your favorite chocolate. Add some food coloring to make some fun color cake pops, if desired.
- Once the cake pops are of hard consistency, dip in the melted chocolate and let them set for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.