These flourless brownies are gluten-free and super tasty.
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8 x8-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the black beans in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract as desired, baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add ¼ cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.
Used with permission from No Whine with Dinner: 150 Healthy, Kid-Tested Recipes from The Meal Makeover Moms by Liz Weiss, MS, RD, and Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD