Dreaming of Paris? Add a little culture to your family’s breakfast with this easy recipe for a twist on a French favorite.
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter- softened or microwave for 30 seconds
- Cooking spray
- Nutella- desired amount to cover your crepe
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- Whisk flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, and butter until smooth.
- Heat pan on medium-high, spray and pour in a third of batter.(Batter produces about three crepes.)
- Lift up pan and spread batter as flat as you can by tilting pan right and left.
- After 2 minutes, check the underside of crepe before flipping with a spatula. Be careful flipping the crepe as it is more delicate than a pancake.
- Once crepe is flipped, onto half of the crepe, spread Nutella and add sliced banana. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- First fold crepe in half and then roll it. I could not wrap my crepe as easily as they do in Paris. My first crepe appeared more like a quesadilla.
- By my second crepe, I figured out the roll. My kids LOVED eating breakfast with their hands!