It’s a fancy name, but it’s basically a pizza casserole. And it’s delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 slices of bread, orequivalent, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar/jack ormozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 diced fresh tomato or
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1 can mushrooms
- Line bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 buttered baking dish with bread. Top with chopped chicken.
- In a small frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat.Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add to baking dish.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minute.