Usually, school day breakfasts are rushed. But lucky me, this morning, my kids woke up extra bright and early! While the kids watched an episode of Sofia the First, I sleepily and quickly whipped up some healthy French toast!
It was a fast, easy, and healthy breakfast to start the day. My son wanted seconds, my husband was swiping pieces from my son’s plate, and my daughter and I shared a slice. Next time, I will double the recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 2 slices 100% Whole Grain Whole Wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 shakes cinnamon
- Powdered sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium-size bowl, except the powdered sugar.
- Place bread slices in bowl, cover with egg mixture and soak for 5 minutes. My daughter peeked to see what was cooking and said the bread was taking a bath.
- Heat pan on medium heat and spray cooking spray.
- Cook French toast 3 minutes on one side, flip to other side and cook 90 seconds (the second side cooks much faster than the first so keep an eye on it.)
- Let your kids lightly sprinkle powdered sugar on top.