This autumn take on classic creme brulee comes from Palmer House Hilton Executive Chef Stephen Henry.
- 4 ounces of granulated sugar to the recipe
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup half and half
- Combine all ingredients mixing thoroughly with a wire whisk.Strain thru a fine strainer
- Divide the mixture into 4 ea 6 ounce baking ramekins, place ramekins onto a deep baking tray.
- Pour warm water into the baking tray until it reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the brulee cool, sprinkle a good amount of sugar evenly on the top of each ramekin and place under a medium broiler watching carefully until the sugar begins to caramelize.