These carrot raisin muffins are a great bake for fall.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Have your child crack the egg into a large bowl. Whisk well to combine yolk and white. Add applesauce, sugar and oil and whisk well. Add flours, baking soda and cinnamon and whisk until well combined. Stir in carrot and raisins.
- Help your child spray your muffin trays with nonstick spray or line with paper cups and spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake until tops are lightly browned and a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean, about 8-10 minutes for mini muffins or 12-14 minutes for regular muffins. Let cool five minutes, then carefully (they may still be hot!) remove muffins. Let cool on a rack another few minutes and enjoy!
Recipe provided by The Kids’ Table