Everyone loves baked apples, but when you’re on the trail, you can still enjoy this family favorite even without access to your oven.
- 4 sliced apples
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Granola for topping
- Lay out four sheets of foil and arrange one sliced apple on each.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon over each apple.
- Fold the foil around the apple to make a sealed pouch.
- Bake over coals at the edge of your cooking fire for 5-10 minutes, turning once halfway through. Apples are done when warm and softened.
- Top with granola and serve.