Just two tablespoons make a quick, healthy snack if theres a jar of this spread in the fridge.
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Measure raisins and apple juice into small saucepan and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until raisin shave absorbed all the juice.
- Stir in honey and cinnamon; cool slightly. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread onto graham crackers, bread, mini-bagels, apple slices or celery sticks.
Nutrition Information (per two tablespoon serving): 170 Calories, 16g carbohydrates, 6g protein, 11g total fat (2g sat, 0g mono, 0g poly), cholesterol 0mg, fiber 2g, 2 mg iron, 100mg sodium, 21mg calcium
Recipe courtesy www.loveyourraisins.com