A great treat mixed from farmers market finds that can be spiced up or toned down based on your picky your eaters are.
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter an oval or square baking dish that holds 1.5 to 2 quarts.
- Strip the kernels off the four ears of corn and set aside. Beat the eggs together in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn kernels and the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and the melted butter and stir gently to combine. Season well with salt and pepper and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until the center is firm and the pudding puffed and golden.