Smooth, delicious, and the perfect cure for a sticky Chicago summer day. Careful in making and eating this one, though — blueberries are one of nature’s most resilient stains!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (6- to 8-oz.) container low-fat or nonfat blueberryyogurt
- 1 to 1.5 cups blueberry or orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, or a pinch of cinnamon
- Wash the berries. For an icier, colder smoothie, freeze the berries in a single layer on a cookie sheet until partially frozen, about 30-45 minutes.
- Place the berries in a blender with the yogurt, juice and vanilla. Blend on low speed until ingredients are just mixed, then switch to high school and blend until smooth.