Rice Krispies treats are good for any occasion, but with a little creative flourish, you can make these an un-bear-ably cute Valentine’s Day goodie.
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half or fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies
- In large saucepan combine caramels and half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth.Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut eight 2 1/4-inch circles, eight 1 3/4-inch circles, eight 1-inch circles and twenty-four3/4-inch circles.
- For each teddy bear place one 2 1/4-inch circle adjacent to one1 3/4-inch circle. Gently press together. Halve one of the 3/4-inch circles and use for ears. Attach two 3/4-inch circles for feet.Place one 1-inch circle on the 1 3/4-inch circle for nose. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.