1 cup of Harmless Flour Mix (see below)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup Spectrum Shortening
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (melted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ener G egg replacer powder
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup hot water
Harmless Flour Mix:
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup sweet potato flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
Harmless Chocolate Icing (optional):
- 1 cup Spectrum shortening
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 8-inch square non-stick baking pan with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour mix, cocoa, baking powder, salt and Xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat shortening, sugar, egg powder and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients. Spread batter in prepared pan with wet spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool brownies before cutting.
Directions for icing
- Dissolve salt and vanilla in water and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat shortening for one minute. Add water to mixture slowly until mixed. Add sugar in small batches until all sugar is combined.
- If icing is too stiff, add water until icing is smooth enough to spread.