Chicago’s best museums will be flinging open their doors in February just in time to beat the winter blahs with admission prices you can’t resist: Free.
Check out the dates for the following Chicagoland museums offering special free day:
- Adler Planetarium: Feb. 4-6, 11-13, 17-20
- The Art Institute: Every weekday through March 4, kids under 14 and Chicago teens under 18 are always free
- Chicago History Museum: Feb. 17 (Also free every Tuesday 2-9 p.m.)
- The Field Museum: Feb. 1-29
- Museum of Science and Industry: Feb. 3-6, 10-13, 18-20, 24-27
- Shedd Aquarium: 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
Remember: free days are for Illinois residents only. Please check each museum’s website to confirm dates and any other restrictions or extra charges for special exhibits.
There are more museums that offer free days regularly in February and the rest of the year! Check out our complete list of free days at all museums in and around the Chicago area.
Follow Chicago Parent on Instagram.