Dear Evan Hansen
James M. Nederlander Theatre
24 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60601
Evan Hansen is about to get the one thing he’s always wanted: a chance to finally fit in. "Dear Evan Hansen" is the deeply personal and profoundly contemporary musical about life and the way we live it. The winner of six 2017 Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Chicago Parent review:
- If you haven’t seen this contemporary musical, "Dear Evan Hansen" is the ultimate show for parents and teens to experience together.
- The theme of parenthood is clear with the opening number featuring two mothers struggling with their teenage sons. Any parent can relate that juggling it all is almost impossible, and at the end, you just want your kids to be okay.
- Teens will relate to the themes of friendship, mental health and the impacts of social media. They also might know the struggles trying to fit in with their peers.
- Through the incredible cast and inspiring songs, parents and teens will understand that they're not alone, and have each other. The bond between the two is a special connection — even when it seems like a complicated one. This musical reminds us that.
- Recommended for ages 12 and older. This production contains some adult themes, including discussions of suicide and drug use.
Event Cost: $39 and up
Event Times: 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays, 2 p.m. Wednesdays, Saturdays-Sundays, & 8 p.m. Saturdays, Dec.
Age recommendation: Teens