Start a new Valentine’s Day tradition with these pretty, whimsical cookies from Marna Heitz of Farley, Iowa. Strawberry is a perfect complement to the chocolate glaze.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup strawberry drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) HERSHEY'®S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry drink mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking
powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in.
thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2- to 3-in. heart-shaped cookie
cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°
for 8-10 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2
minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
smooth. Spread over cookies; let stand until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, drink mix and salt until
blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to
achieve desired consistency. Decorate cookies. Yield: about 2
See more of 's stories here.