These dreidels don't spin, but they do go great with a glass of milk.
- ½ cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until
fluffy. Add the egg and ground almonds.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed
- Add the almond extract and mix well. Chill for three or more
- Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick onto a lightly floured board.
Using a butter knife, cut into dreidel shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.