Spanish Rice Turkey Casserole
Mild green chilies, tender cubes of turkey, tomatoes and lots of cheese make a mouthwatering filling.
- 2 packages (6.8 ounces each) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies,
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a large skillet, saute rice and vermicelli in butter until
golden brown. Gradually stir in the water, tomatoes and contents of
rice seasoning packets. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn, sour
cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir in rice mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
remaining cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 8 servings.