This recipe comes from Gale Gand, executive pastry chef at TRU, a 4-star restaurant in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. It’s perfect for a white Christmas (or any other snowy winter day!)
- 2 cups Breyers All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 8 slices (1-1/2 in. thick) store-bought angel food cake
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme, melted (melts easily in a glass
measuring cup in the microwave)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Freeze plate 30 minutes. Make 4 (half-cup) scoops of Breyers
All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and arrange on chilled
- Place one ice cream ball on one cake slice, then top with
second cake slice.
- Shape cake around Ice Cream to encase it using your hands to
completely cover the ice cream.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining
ice cream and cake.
- To serve, arrange snow balls in 4 dessert bowls. Top with hot
fudge topping, then marshmallow creme and sprinkles.