As adorable as they are delicious, these cookies are sure to be part of your Christmas cookie plates.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Blue and orange paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Remove 2/3 cup
dough to a small bowl; tint blue. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of dough
and orange food coloring; set aside.
- For snowmen, shape white dough into 12 balls, 1-1/4 in. each;
12 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 12 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For
bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten
to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads;
- Shape half of blue dough into 12 triangles. Place triangles
above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Shape
orange dough into noses; place on heads. Divide the remaining blue
dough into 12 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen.
Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons. Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes
or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire
Yield: 1 dozen.
See more of 's stories here.