Recipes courtesy of Taste of
Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. Visit TasteofHome.com
for more healthy snacks for kids ideas
and back to school recipes.
This do-it-yourself snack hits three food groups, tastes great, and is just about the cutest thing we've ever seen. And these scooters are way less likely to leave dents in your hallway walls than the real thing.
- 8 slices zucchini (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 2 pieces string cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 pretzel rods, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- For each of four axles, thread two zucchini slices through a
pretzel stick, leaving a 1-in. space in the center.
- For each scooter, position string cheese between two
- Attach a pretzel rod with cream cheese to each scooter; top
each with a pretzel stick for handlebars.
- Add tomato hubcaps and olive headlights and taillights with
Makes: 2 scooters.
Nutrition Facts: 1 scooter equals 201 calories, 13 g
fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 13 g
carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.