For a meal sure to make little eyes shine bright, try this adorable breakfast of cinnamon-flavored pancakes that are the spitting image of Santa Claus.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cinnamon. Combine the
eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until
moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden
- Place pancakes on individual plates. For Santa's eyes, place
two banana slices on each pancake; top with a chocolate chip. For
ears, cut remaining banana slices in half; place on either side of
pancake. For nose, remove nine cherries from pie filling; place one
in the center of each pancake.
- Spoon 1/4 cup pie filling above pancake for hat. Use whipped
cream to spray the beard, hat brim and pom-pom.
Yield: 9 servings.