Roasted Pumpkin seeds
Native Americans used pumpkins seeds for medicine. While they can't cure a stomach ache caused by a candy overdose, they can be a tasty, toasted snack that is not only healthy, but delicious.
- Pumpkln seeds. Lots of 'em.
- Your choice of seasonings - garlic salt or onion powder
makes a savory snack, while cinnamon and sugar results in something
a bit sweeter.
- After removing seeds from the pumpkin, wash remaining pulp off
seeds and spread them out on a paper towel to dry overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, cover with cooking spray or a
light layer of oil.
- Toss seeds in oil, spread them out on the baking sheet and
sprinkle lightly with your choice of seasonings.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about one hour, tossing seeds every 15
minutes. Toasted seeds can be stored for up to three months in an