Lose the butter and swap non-dairy milk like soy for regular and this seasonal treats become vegan-friendly. But you'll never know by tasting them.
- 2½ cups white spelt flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1½ cups fresh or canned pureed squash or pumpkin
- cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (rice, almond, soy, hemp, all work
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup non-dairy
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray with
paper liners or oil.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add
everything up to and including the vinegar, and stir until all
flour is integrated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 22
minutes or until the tops are nice and domed.
See more of 's stories here.