These are perfect for edible Christmas ornaments, school Valentine's Day parties or a special brown-bag surprise for your little ones.
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 package (16 ounces) milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the
marshmallows, butter and oil until the marshmallows are melted.
Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, M&M's and
peanuts. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix well. Press
into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans. Let stand for 2 hours or
until set. Cut into bars and remove from pans. Store in an airtight
container. Yield: 9 dozen.