This dish is easy to prepare, yet elegant. The red pepper flakes give the dish just the right amount of heat for a spicy evening.
- 1-pound penne regate
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup vodka
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 12 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. While the water is
heating up, melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over low
- Add the minced shallots and sauté until translucent, about five
minutes. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the
vodka and crushed tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn
the heat down and simmer gently.
- When the water boils, add the pasta and undercook it slightly.
A few minutes before the pasta is done, stir the heavy cream into
the tomato sauce.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the sauce, tossing
well to combine.
- Cook the pasta in sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss with chopped fresh basil and serve.
See more of 's stories here.