- In saucepot, add milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, pumpkin spice,
cinnamon and salt; bring to a slow boil.
- Soften gelatin in bowl with cold water
- In another bowl, beat yolks slightly to mix
- Slowly beat in 4 oz of hot milk mixture to the yolks, to temper
them. Add tempered yolk to saucepot with hot milk mixture
- Cook yolk and milk mixture over low heat, 3-4 minutes until
mixture thickens; do not boil
- Remove from heat
- Squeeze water from gelatin and add it and the pumpkin puree to
the milk/egg mixture; cool in refrigerator
- Whip heavy cream and fold into pumpkin mixture
- Whip egg whites, at soft stage, add lemon juice and slowly add
sugar; whip to stiff peak stage, but not dry
- Fold whites into pumpkin mixture.
- Fill the pie shell with the pumpkin mousse.
- Refrigerate until pie is set (ideally overnight)
- Top pie with 4 cups whipped cream
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs when plating.
*Hot items need to be cooled to 70º in less than 2 hours and 40º
in less than 4 hours. Cover, label and refrigerate when cooled to