Pizza is always a crowd pleaser, but making your own can be a bit of a headache. This bite-sized alternative is easy to make and healthy (just 44 calories each!) and as much fun to make as they are to eat.
- 1 tube (11.3 ounces) refrigerated dinner rolls
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Separate dough into eight rolls; cut each into quarters.
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature
muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle with onion, green
pepper, pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until crusts are browned and
cheese is melted.
Makes: 32 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pizza cup equals 44 calories, 1 g
fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 6 g
carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2
See more of 's stories here.