This "non-recipe" recipe will get the kids back into practicing their math facts. Then they get to eat the tasty results.
- 1 sandwich-size zip-top bag per child
- 1 set of math facts flash cards (addition, subtraction,
multiplication or division)
- Dry roasted peanuts
- Popped popcorn
- Corn nuts
- Dried fruit: raisins, cranberries, apricots, apples, etc.
- Sunflower seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Banana chips
- Cereal O's or squares s
- Place all food items in individual bowls on work surface.
- Each child draws a flash card and gives the answer by counting
the corresponding number of food items they want to add to their
zip-top bag. If they get the answer correct, they add the food into
their bag, if not, it goes back into the bowl.
- Play as long as the kids are engaged.