The salt makes the meet tender. Be sure to remove the coating before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours and 30 minutes
This recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com
- 2 cups coarse kosher salt
- 4 pounds prime rib roast
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees F (100 degrees
- Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with a layer of kosher
salt. Place the roast, bone side down, on the salt. Season the meat
with the ground black pepper and seasoning salt, then cover
completely with kosher salt.
- Roast in preheated oven for 4 to 5 hours, or until the
internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes. This sets
the juices and makes the roast easier to carve. (Note: Be sure to
remove all the salt from the roast before serving.)
See more of 's stories here.