If you want a healthy version of potato chips to put in your kids' lunches, try Pampered Chef's new potato chip maker. It makes light and crispy chips in just minutes in the microwave without the use of fat or oil. It can be used with many vegetables and fruit, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, yucca and apples.
- Slice small to medium-sized vegetable or fruit into thin slices
(¹∕³² -inch). We found it didn't work using slices cut with a
kitchen knife, so for best results use Pampered Chef's simple
- Place slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle ¹/8-¼ tsp. salt on one
side or ¼ tsp.-1 tsp. seasoning on both sides, if desired. Blot
tops of slices with additional paper towels to remove excess
- Arrange slices in a single layer on chip maker. Do not
- Place chip maker in center of microwave. If using two, place
second chip maker on top. Use a microwave with built-in
- Microwave until chips are crisp and golden brown (usually just
a minute or two, depending on how many chips you use). Remove using
See more of 's stories here.