Who says you have to leave milk and cookies? Try this recipe for a treat Santa will actually appreciate!
- ¼ cup roasted and salted peanuts
- ¼ cup roasted and salted pecan pieces
- ½ cup yogurt-covered raisins
- 1/3 cup red and green M&M candies
- fter a thorough hand washing, put your little elves to work
measuring and mixing all of the ingredients together into a
large bowl. Spoon some of the trail mix into a goody bag for Santa
so that he can take it with him on Christmas Eve (this is the
perfect on-the-go snack for eating in a sleigh).
- Store the remaining holiday trail mix in an airtight container
for your little elves to enjoy. You could easily make substitutions
in this recipe to accommodate tree nut allergies or other food
Note: For a healthier version, choose low-salt nuts and
use dried fruit instead of the M&Ms and yogurt-covered raisins.
You could also substitute mini-pretzels or dry breakfast cereal for
See more of 's stories here.