Since most fried rice from restaurants are loaded with sodium and super greasy, make this healthy version with brown rice that you can indulge in every week.
- 1 cup dry brown rice- cook according to package directions
- 1 lbs chicken breast- use kitchen scissors to cut tiny pieces
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup peas, carrots, corn (Use 1, 2, or all 3, I had a frozen
- ¼ cup or about 5 stalks green onion- diced
- ¼ cup broccoli- finely chopped (To add an extra healthy
- 2 eggs- beaten
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- olive oil spray
- Cook brown rice and set aside.
- In a large pan, add sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and garlic. Pour on 2 tbsp soy sauce and
- Turn heat to medium high for about 6-8 minutes or until chicken
starts to brown around the edges.
- Then add frozen veggies, green onion, and broccoli. Stir for
3-4 minutes, or until veggies become tender.
- Add brown rice, 2 more tbsp soy sauce, and blend.
- Make a bare spot in the pan, spray olive oil spray and add
eggs. Scramble for 1 minute and then start to blend eggs into rice,
stirring for about 2 minutes until eggs are completely cooked.
- Drizzle honey on top to sweeten fried rice, and if you like
salt, try one last drizzle of soy sauce.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.