Makes 8 servings (16 squares)
Nutrition per serving: 208 calories, 4 g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 37 g carbohydrate, 466 mg sodium, 8 g protein, 4 g fiber
1 cup honey
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1½ Tbsp. olive oil
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and set
- Microwave honey until runny (about one minute). Add cocoa and
stir until combined; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Add
the honey-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour
mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape batter
into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Nutrition per serving: 208 calories, 4
g fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 37 g carbohydrate, 466 mg sodium, 8 g
protein, 4 g fiber